A Blog that seems to work sometimes... Listening on port 65536

Saturday, April 01, 2006

End of another chapter

The last lecture of my academic life just got over.... oh the sweet irony of it. It was one on "Computational Geometry". The professor (Dr. Prosenjit Gupta) was as prolific as ever - giving one idea after another. The realization that this is it, hit me in the last 30 minutes of the lecture. The professor had started talking about "open problems" in the area of computational geometry, conferences related to it.. etc.. It hit, and hit real hard. I couldn't believe it. This was it - after trudging for years together, this was it. Is this how life is?

I guess so... Everything has to end somet ime or another. Yesterday, I was too lazy to get up for a morning class at 8:30. Today, I'd give anything to study another month... Is this how death is too?

I wonder sometimes what all of this means? I mean, what does it really mean to "want something"? And what does it mean to be able to "get something"?

But I guess, I've got to move on - like every other human being. I don't understand... why are we here at all? Why does time rule us? Why can't we break the rules of nature?

Oh gr8!! Now I'm going nuts. Anyway, on a happier (more clumsier) note, I can still see my prof's face
lingering over my head, scrutinizing if I was half asleep or in a full doze :) It must've been hard trying to
teach so manyl antagonistically insomniac dudes who find solace in the "quiet" of the classroom.. :) he he he..

No comments: