A Blog that seems to work sometimes... Listening on port 65536

Friday, September 07, 2007

Music can do that to you

I have been listening to some music that sort of catches on to you. It all started when I discovered this wonderful share on my friend's desktop, and copied a few numbers to my own. There were so many of them, and I just started devouring on them one after another. First, there was Iron maiden. Their music can sound jarring at times, but the kind of lyrics they write just burn right through you. Honestly, I can't believe they're called a satanic group (or are they?). Then there was Metallica, spinning the magic of their guitars - awesome guitars they've got there... really, truly awesome. I didn't need any caffeine for days listening to their music. Then there was a collection of Bhimsen Joshi's classical presentation of the Yaman raga - awe inspiring. Finally, I settled on a Pink Floyd album - whoever needed liquor! With the kind of music that they play, you'd get drunk without touching one drop of alcohol.
All this music makes me just wonder what could really be the purpose of our existence.. why? Well, I don't know, but it just does that to me. Music controls me unlike anything else. One whacky number from Eminem and I stand right up, into my work. One bluish number from Lucky Ali and things are too sombre for life. Does it really work that way?

No comments: